The following roads will be affected. Council in conjunction with NSW SES will monitor the situation on a regular basis and provide further updates
- Merriganowry Bridge;
- Low Level Bridge;
- Back Creek Reserve Road;
- Numerous Council Roads (various flooded causeways);
- Lachlan Valley Way - Gooloogong to Forbes (closed in both directions, detours in place);
- Eugowra to Forbes (closed in both directions, detours in place);
- Newell Highway at Marsden (closed in both directions, detours in place);
- Stony Hill Road (requested by Police due to stranded cars);
- Forbes Road, Cowra to Gooloogong;
- Waterview Road, Gooloogong at Pearce's Bridge;
- Boorowa Road (Lachlan Valley Way);
- Darbys Falls Road;
- Broula Road between Wattamondara and Grenfell Road;
- Gooloogong/Canowindra Road at Warraderry Way;
- Kangarooby Road at Gleeson’s Gully;
- Waterview Road at Pearce’s Bridge;
- Warraderry Way towards Canowindra.
Open with Caution
- Belubula Way at Cherry Tree Falls;
- George Russell Drive at Gallaghers Lane.
Cowra Council's "Adopt a Pound Pet" Program is back on, now's your chance to offer a loving home to dogs and cats currently placed at the Cowra Pound.
"The program aims to reduce the euthanasia of cats and dogs that are brought to the Pound with no identification; Pound animals that are adopted are micro-chipped by Council to reduce the cost of registration by the new owner," Director — Environmental Services, Kate Alberry said.