Cowra Council's Building and Development section provides all of the development industry, business operators, community groups, and Cowra residents with a comprehensive guide to Council's building and development functions. Information can be sourced through four main sub-directories:
• Do I Need Approval? An easy-to-read guide that lets you know whether your proposal can be carried-out with or without the approval of Council.
• Development Applications. A guide on all the steps involved with preparation, lodgement, and assessment of Development Applications. Including links to a Development Tracker tool and Developments determined.
• Construction Certificates. A guide to Construction Certificates and the requirements that must be met before you can start any building or construction work.
• Development Information. An easy-to-read section containing all of the information that will assist you in understanding the requirements for developing land or building in the Cowra Shire.
• Certificates. A guide to the various types of Certificates available from Council that are commonly-required when buying and selling land in Cowra Shire.
Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Training for Local Builders and Contractors
Cowra Cowra is offering a free training course for builders and contractors on the topic of erosion and sediment control. The course will address a range of issues, including:
- Why it makes sense to manage erosion and sediment.
- The law and erosion and sediment control.
- Common sense approaches to erosion and sediment control.
- Developing basic erosion and sediment control plans.
- Common problems and solutions.
Poor erosion and sediment control on building, development and Council worksites poses a significant environmental risk to our community. Cowra Council is working with all key stakeholders in order to reduce that risk.
Tuesday 17 October 2017, 5pm to 7.30pm.
Cowra Council Chambers, 116 Kendal Street Cowra.
Bookings are essential. Phone 02 6340 2040 for information. Follow the links on Cowra Council's webpage to enrol online.
The course will be delivered by Chris Gray from GEMS Pty Ltd. Chris has ocver 30 years experience working in mining, major infrastructure, building and development sectors.
For course brochure, click here
To enrol, click HERE.