Reconnecting Regional NSW - Community Events Program
As part of its Reconnecting Regional NSW Community Events Program, the NSW Government has provided all councils with funding to bring the community together.
Community organisations are now encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for an event to support Cowra Shire communities and businesses in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Community organisations are able to submit an EOI for one event per organisation, to a maximum of $10,000.
- be open to all members of the public
- be free to attend or have a very small fee to cover any extra costs associated with the event
- have a primary purpose of reconnecting communities and improving social cohesion of the local community
- be planned and delivered using the COVID-19 NSW Public Health Orders current at that time and have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place for all events (the development of these plans is an eligible expense)
- be held before 31 March 2023.
All events are encouraged to be accessible and inclusive, aligning to Council’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan and Community Strategic Plan.
Examples of eligible events
Activities eligible for funding through the Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program include existing or new:
- community markets and bazaars
- festivals and fairs
- sporting events
- food and leisure events
- recovery events
- community classes and workshops
- agricultural field days (run by community organisations)
- regional racing carnivals (e.g. horse or greyhound racing) run by community organisations
- touring events and theatre programs
- community public holiday celebrations (e.g. Australia Day or Anzac Day).
For existing events, you are encouraged to use this funding to make the event larger or more accessible.
Expressions of Interest close at 4pm on Friday, 1 July 2022.
Please read the full program guidelines at: www.nsw.gov.au/regional-nsw/programs-and-grants/reconnecting-regional-nsw-–-community-events-program
If you are thinking about submitting an EOI, please call Lawrance Ryan, Grants and Executive Projects Officer prior to sending in your information on ph 6340 2035.
Please note that any offer of funding is subject to approval by the NSW Government which will undertake their own assessment process and make the final determination of successful projects.
Download the Expression of Interest form(DOCX, 83KB).
Send your completed Expression of Interest form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you provide as much detail as succinctly as possible before submitting.