Archibird Prize 2021
Native Bird Photo Competition in the Cowra Region
Entries Close: Friday 12 November 2021
The Archibird Prize is a native bird photo competition held in the Cowra Region NSW run by Cowra Council’s 355 committee, the Cowra Natural Resource Management Advisory Committee (NRM). The competition is also supported by Mid Lachlan Landcare, Cowra Woodland Birds and Department Planning, Industry & Environment.
The Competition is now in its 3rd year and is run in October in-line with National Bird Week.
This time of year is the perfect opportunity to snap some amazing pics of our Birds, as wildlife has come alive; go for a nature walk through the bush or your local park; or sit back and relax and watch the birds in your backyard.
We hope you all love and appreciate birds as much as we do. Birds play an essential part in our ecosystem and are fantastic pollinators, seed dispersers and pest controllers, not to mention majestic, funny and beautiful.
Peoples Choice (1 prize overall) $50
Best Threatened Species Photo $50
Plus minor Weekly prizes announced throughout the competition
Simply take a pic of Cowra's amazing local native birds (within 100km of Cowra) and submit your entry for a chance to win.
There are 3 x categories you could enter in;
- YOUTH - 12 and under
- TEENS - 13 to 18 years
- OPEN - all other entrants
- 10 photos per person per category (there are 3 categories)
- Photos must be of wild Australian birds taken within 100kms of Cowra
- Provide the following details:
- Category your entering
- Name & phone number
- Caption/title of photo
- Location photo was taken
- Photos entered in last year’s competition will not be accepted
- No photos of birds in nests taken close-up, as this may scare away the parents and cause them to abandon their young.
Photos of Threatened species will also automatically be included in the Threatened Species special category as well as the category that you have selected.
Terms & Conditions
- Photos must have been taken within 100kms of Cowra
- No photos of birds in nests taken close-up, as this may scare away the parents and cause them to abandon their young
- Birds held in captivity or restrained in any manner or that have been taken using harmful or unethical practices will NOT be accepted.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not abide by these rules and does not provide all necessary contact details.
- Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Entrants are required to abide by the Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions as presented.
* This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Cowra NRM and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for the competition only - your name and the photo caption/title is the only information that will be displayed on Facebook - all personal information will be stored confidentially for the Cowra NRM to contact you in the event you win a prize.
Friday, 12 November 2021 | 11:59 PM