Cowra Aquatic Centre 2020/2021 Season
The Cowra Aquatic Centre is now open for the 2020/2021 season. Please read the following important information, as the centre will be operating differently this season due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The Cowra Aquatic Centre is able to hold a maximum of 600 people within the venue. This number may change depending on Federal and State Government public health orders. All users of the centre will be required to maintain 1.5m physical distancing and complete an electronic check-in (via a QR Code).
How are we helping to keep COVID-19 safe?
Our Centre team have been busy cleaning and preparing for a re-start to the swimming season and have undertaken strict actions to ensure a high standard of environmental and hygienic cleaning.
You will notice some changes to our centre and our swimming club/lessons as we return:
- We have moved our chairs and benches to follow social distancing rules.
- You will notice sanitisation stations throughout the pool deck and the centre.
- We are undertaking extra cleaning of facilities and equipment.
We are committed to the health and safety of you, our valued users. We’ve managed to flatten the curve in our country, so let’s continue to maintain social distancing and hygiene practices so that we can all stay healthy together. If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend the facility. If you have been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 or in an identified hotspot in the past 14 days, please do not enter the facility.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
10.00am to 8.00pm
10.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday and Sunday
10.00am – 8.00pm
Monday – Saturday
5.30am to 8.00am for morning swimming (excluding Sundays and public holidays)
Swimming Club (pool closed to the public)
6.00pm – 8.30pm
The Aquatic Centre will be accepting both card and cash.
Cowra Aquatic Centre Admission Charges for the 2020/2021 season can be found here.
You will notice sanitisation stations throughout the pool deck and the centre; users are encouraged to sanitise their hands before and after using the pool as well as when using all other centre facilities. Staff of the centre will be undertaking extra cleaning of all facilities and equipment.
Please note the following changes to our facilities:
The canteen will be open for purchasing of food and drink during opening hours – both cash and card will be accepted.
Water fountains will only be accessible to refill water bottles - no bubbler access. Please bring a full water bottle with you.
Toilets, change rooms and lockers
Toilet and change room facilities will be available to use. Please use the facilities with caution. Wash your hands, maintain proper hygiene and when using the change rooms, please maintain 1.5m physical distancing.
Lockers will be available for use at this time.
Public Lap Swimming
When swim lanes are operating, no more than 6 swimmers are allowed within each lane at one time. Staff will be monitoring the lanes, but it is your responsibility to leave that lane should it become too busy.
Inflatable Obstacle Course
The inflatable obstacle course commences in November – however Council will review whether to enable access to the obstacle course closer to the month depending on the health and safety guidelines outline by the State and Federal Governments.
BBQ facilities will be available for the public to use and bookings are not required. Staff will be cleaning the facility after each use.
Seating areas around pool and canteen
We have moved our chairs and benches to following physical distancing rules. Please do not move the chairs or benches to make larger seating groups.
The Cowra Aquatic Centre is home to the following swim clubs which will be operating:
- Cowra Swimming Club: compliance with the Swimming Club’s COVID Safety Plan is required
- Mobility Impaired Squad (MIP Squad): subject to the organiser’s COVID Safety Plan requirements (please contact your instructor for details; classes are limited to 20 so bookings are essential)
- Aqua Zumba subject to the organiser’s COVID Safety Plan requirements (please contact your instructor for details; classes are limited to 20 so bookings are essential)
- Learn to Swim subject to COVID planning requirements:
- Please do not attend booked lessons if feeling unwell
- parents to sign the attendance sheet upon entry if they do not have a season pass or 10 entry card
- instructor and other adults to maintain 1.5m social distancing
- learn to swim equipment disinfected between each lesson
- Various Swimming and Training Squads: subject to the organiser’s COVID Safety Plan requirements