Cowra Community Grants Program:Round 1 Funding Allocations for 2023/24
Published on 02 November 2023
Cowra Shire Council is delighted to announce the recipients of the funding allocations for Round 1 of the 2023/2024 Cowra Community Grants Program.
Cowra Shire Mayor Ruth Fagan said “the Community Grants Program is a testament to Council’s commitment to supporting local organisations and initiatives that contribute to the enrichment of the community.”
“We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all the grant recipients and look forward to witnessing the positive impact of their endeavours across the Cowra Shire,” said Mayor Fagan.
Under the category of Arts and Culture, the following groups have been selected as grant recipients:
- Country Women’s Association of NSW Cowra Branch: This grant of $1,000 will assist in taging the Cowra CWA Branch's 100th Birthday celebration. The CWA plays a vital role in our community, and their centenary celebration promises to be a remarkable event.
- Cowra Art Group Inc: To mark 60 years of art and craft in Cowra, a grant of $597 has been allocated to assist in celebrating this significant milestone. The Cowra Art Group has been a creative hub for our town, and this commemoration is well-deserved.
Category: Building and Facility Development has seen several deserving recipients:
- Returned & Services League of Australia – Cowra Sub-Branch: A grant of $1,500 will support the set-up of a display cabinet in the RSL Sub-Branch rooms for the Cowra POW Camp 22nd Garrison Battalion display, preserving an important part of our history.
- Cowra Motorcycle Racing Club: The club will receive $2,000 to assist in the purchase and installation of a Daikin Split System Air conditioner for the Score Tower at Woodstock
- Darbys Fall Progress Association and Urban Landcare Group Inc: They will use their $2,000 grant for the removal of pepper trees from Darbys Falls Cemetery, contributing to the upkeep of our community spaces.
- Gooloogong Historical Society Inc: This group will receive assistance to purchase a reverse cycle air-conditioner for their office and Historical Rooms, making their facilities more comfortable for visitors.
- Lachlan Valley Railway Society Co-op Ltd: A grant of $2,000 will aid in the construction of a concrete apron outside the roller door entrance to the roundhouse and the clearing of the adjacent stormwater drain, ensuring a safe and efficient workspace.
- Woodstock Memorial Show Inc: They will receive $770 to assist in painting Walli Memorial Hall signage, enhancing the appearance of this significant community venue.
- Cowra Masonic Hall Inc: Their $1,000 grant will be used to support the painting of windows, gutter, and fascia board on the western side of the Masonic Hall.
- Cowra and District Aero Club Inc: The purchase and installation of a split air-conditioning system for the pilot training/briefing room in the new clubroom project will be facilitated with the $2,000 grant.
- ACE (Artists of Cowra East), auspiced by, and a member of CAVC (Cowra Antique Vehicle Club): A $2,000 grant will help pay for gallery lighting in a room at Cowra Railway Station, fostering art and culture within our community.
- Morongla Show Society Inc: The society will receive $2,000 to install lining on the veranda of the Canteen Shed at Morongla Showground, improving its functionality.
Under the category of Sport and Recreation, the following organizations have been selected as grant recipients:
- Cowra Squash Club: A grant of $999 will support the purchase of equipment used with the Club's Junior Development Program, promoting physical activity and sportsmanship.
- Cowra Junior Soccer Club Inc: Their $1,000 grant will be used for the purchase of a full set of new soccer goal nets, enhancing the playing experience for young athletes.
Category: Small Capital Equipment recipients include:
- Cowra Community Chest Inc: A $702 grant will enable the purchase of two feather flags for use at Cowra Community Markets, enhancing visibility and community engagement.
- Cowra Junior Rugby League: The club will receive $1,000 to purchase a laptop and security package for better organization of club activities, improving efficiency and communication.
- Cowra and District Historical Society Inc: A grant of $1,000 will be used to purchase a refurbished Kyocera M8 Ecosys Multifunction Colour Laser A3/A4 Printer/Copier, supporting historical documentation and preservation.
- Cowra Eisteddfod Inc: They will use their $1,000 grant to purchase council-approved street banners for Kendal Street, displayed before and during the Eisteddfod in May/June each year, promoting arts and culture.
- Cowra Arts and Craft Society Inc: The society will receive $998 to assist in the purchase of a new laptop computer, improving their administrative capabilities.
“This funding allocation reflects our commitment to supporting a diverse range of community-driven initiatives. We believe that these projects will contribute significantly to the cultural, historical, and recreational fabric of our town,” said Mayor Fagan.
“This is the 17th round of Cowra Community Grant funding and we had 22 applications with 19 approved totalling $25,566 and taking the total over 17 rounds and 329 projects to $389,549.34,” said Ruth.
“We applaud the dedication and passion of these local groups and are grateful for the positive impact they have on our shire.”
For further information or inquiries, please contact Cowra Council on 02 6340 2000.
COMMUNITY PASSION: Successful groups from the most recent round of grant funding from Cowra Shire.