Outstanding Notice Certificates

Outstanding Notice Certificates are also referred to as Section 735A or 121ZP Certificates. This is because they are issued under Section 735A of the Local Government Act 1993 and / or Section 121ZP of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979.

Outstanding Notice Certificates identify whether there are any outstanding notices or orders issued by the Council in relation to a particular property. Further information on Outstanding Notices can be found by exploring the FAQ’s below:

Frequently Asked Questions

Why would I need an Outstanding Notice Certificate?

Outstanding Notice Certificates are commonly requested by conveyancing professionals because they are required to be attached to a Sale Contract when property is being purchased or sold.

An Outstanding Notice Certificate will inform a new buyer on the following matters:

  • Whether or not Council has issued a Notice in relation to that property advising that an outstanding work or matter is required to be addressed.
  • Whether the Council has issued an Order in relation to that property advising that a certain work or action is required to be undertaken.
  • Whether there are any other relevant outstanding matters in relation to that property which are required to be addressed to the satisfaction of Council.

Common reasons why Council may issue a Notice or an Order includes:

  • Stormwater works.
  • Unauthorised building works.
  • Keeping of animals.
  • Unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
  • Inadequate operation of an on-site sewage management system.
  • Demolish or remove a building or structure.
  • Cease using a premise for a particular purpose.
  • Enforce a condition of development consent.
  • stop a building or construction work.

Council may also advise on the following matters where relevant:

  • Pollution Control
  • Swimming Pools

How can I apply for an Outstanding Notice Certificate?

There are a number of ways that you can apply for an Outstanding Notice Certificate, including:

 In person at Cowra Council's Customer Service Centre, 116 Kendal St Cowra.

  • Download an application form (located on Council's Forms page) . Fill out the application form and return it to Council with the prescribed fee, or
  • Ask your conveyancing solicitor to lodge the application on your behalf. 

How much do Outstanding Notice Certificates cost?

Outstanding Notice Certificates cost $90.00.

How long does it take to process my application?

Council has a guarantee of service that all Outstanding Notice Certificates will be processed within 10 working days of receipt of the application. This is subject to the application being made complete with all required information, including the property description (Lot and DP numbers).