Cowra Youth Council
What is the Cowra Youth Council?
The Cowra Youth Council (CYC) is a Committee of young people established by Cowra Council in 2011.
The Cowra Youth Council is made up of two Councillors (currently Cr Judi Smith and Cr Erin Watt), the Community Projects Officer, and up to twelve young people aged 12-24yrs that reside or attend school within the Cowra Shire.
Youth Councillors will be appointed to the CYC for a 14 month term commencing in November 2018. Many members choose to stay involved with the Youth Council for several years.
What does the Cowra Youth Council do?
• Take a leadership role in the planning and organisation of events for young people, including local Youth Week celebrations, cinema screenings and music events;
• Provide a forum for young people to have a say on issues important to them;
• Participate in community life and support other youth organisations and services;
• Provide comments and suggestions on local government policies and programs for youth;
• Represent the youth of Cowra at selected local and State youth forums.
• Participating in monthly meetings on the third Monday of the month from 3.30-5.00pm at Council offices;
• Contributing to planning and running youth events in the Cowra Shire.