Cowra Shire elects nine Councillors for a 4-year term to direct Council's affairs in line with the Local Government Act. Their decisions direct local policy and the distribution of Council funds. Their responsibility to the electorate is to ensure Council's policies and objectives are consistent with its broader vision and obligations to the community. Please note, due to a resignation, there are currently eight Councillors.
Speak to a Councillor
Councillors are available to listen to residents' concerns and represent those concerns to Council. Each Councillor has areas of particular expertise and interest and they all participate in a number of Council committees and meetings. Individual Councillors can be contacted on any matter through the Council by phoning (02) 6340 2000.
Click on each Councillor's name below to find out more about them.
- Telephone0429 990 085
- ProfileCouncillor Bill West believes his role as Mayor is to build a better community for groups of all ages and backgrounds.
- Telephone0400 450 332
- ProfileCouncillor Judi Smith wants to encourage more jobs in the Cowra region so locals can remain local.
- Telephone0429 123 736
- ProfileCouncillor Ruth Fagan is passionate about the cultural heritage and is working with an aim of taking it forward and making people aware about the history of the Cowra
- Telephone0427 300 144
- ProfileCr Miller has a keen interest in all aspects of Council activities, is passionate about the Cowra community being developed and promoted to its full potential
- Telephone0447 411 919
- ProfileCouncillor Michael Nobes believes it's important to provide a space for young families to live an active and healthy life.
- Telephone0429 423 548
- ProfileCouncillor Ray Walsh is an active community member and believes in extending the Cowra Legacy.
- Telephone0428 434 877
- ProfileCouncillor Kevin Wright retains a strong interest in Rural affairs and has a keen interest in economic development activities.
- Telephone0429 326 067
- ProfileCouncillor Peter Wright is committed to the economic, social and environmental sustainability for our future generations.